We started in winters on 2012 with Webrtc . At time time it just looked like a new car design that might fade away when new ones comes .
What really is WebRTC ? I made an entry on it here .
The flow between
client BOB -> webrtc2sip Gateway -> SIP server -> client Alice
can be understood with the callflow of a simple SIP Invite initiated from one html page towards another which passes through the configuration of gateway to IMS world , SIP Telecom Application server , Database , nodes of IMS environment etc.
For the purpose of a simple Explanation a simplified call flow ca be depicted as ,
A very high level architecture of solution deployment in IMS world could be
As the solution matures into a full fleshed project . The alpha version has been released with the following feature set . The WebRTC platform Suite offers a easily deploy-able solution to enable communication
Alpha Release WebRTC platform Suite
- Single Sign On
- Login with id and password to access all services
- Audio / Video Call
- Call Hold / Call Transfer
- SIP Instant Messaging
- Message to Facebook Messenger
- Message delivered as Email
- Chatroom :
- group chat between multiple users . Room is created for set of users .
- Video Conferencing :
- video chat between multiple parties . Room is created for set of users .
- File Transfer :
- Sharing of files from local to remote , in peer-to-peer and broadcasting fashion .
- Third party Webservices :
- Widgets like calendar , weather , stocks , twitter are embedded.
- Visual Voice Mail :
- Record and deliver voice message to recipients voice mail inbox which can be accessed/ played from web client .
- Phonebook :
- cloud integration
- add new entries
- add photos to contacts identity
- import contacts from google account
- Click to Call :
- Drop down list of contacts form mail call console
- 2 step Click to call from Phonebook
- Presence :
- Publish online / offline status
- Use Subscribe / notify requests of SIP
- WS to SIP Gateway :
- Conversion between the signal coming from the WebRTC and SIP client to the IMS core
- Conversion of “voice/video ” media between sRTP and RTP
- Conversion of other media (data channel) towards MSRP and Transcoding.
- Support of ICE procedure .
- Implementation of a STUN server.
- QoS Support
Beta Release WEBRTC PLATFORM SUITE
- Logs :
- calls logs
- Message logs
- User Profile :
- user details like address , email and social networking accounts
- Phonenumber for GSM integration through SMS
- User’s Media storage like Pictures , profile picture , Audio , video
- File sharing documents storage for future access in the same format
- Real Time and Offline Analytics
- service usage with graphical and tabular history trends
- Session Management :
- Single Sign-on
- Forgot password regeneration using secure question
- Registration of new user account
- Logout and clearance of session parameters
- Security :
- No redirection to any page through url entry without valid session
- No going back to home page after logout by back button on browser
- No data vulnerability
- Multiple login through different devices handled
- OAuth :
- Login via IMAP / token through facebook and Google
- Phonebook with Presence functionality inbuild .
- Directory Service based on country / region
- Geolocation of approximate location detection of device logged in and visibility to others