- Internet of Things (3)
- Media Processes (7)
- Programing (1)
- nodejs (1)
- Session Initiation Prot. (SIP) (19)
- Signals (3)
- Telecom Architectures (27)
- Web RealTimeComm. ( WEBRTC) (28)
- XMPP (2)
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
aFpx on Main FirstDacia on VPN ( Virtual Public Network )… 94Chet on Bluetooth Low Energy on Adafru… firstname.lastname@example.org on crtmpserver + ffmpeg email@example.com on Main
- August 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- March 2016
- November 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- January 2014
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- July 2012
- January 2012
- August 2011
- March 2011
- December 2009
- November 2009
- Session Border controller for WebRTC August 2, 2016SBC became important part of comm systems developed over SIP and MGCP. SBC offer B2BUA ( Back to Back user agent) behavior to control both signalling and media traffic. Continue reading →altanai
- crtmpserver + ffmpeg June 19, 2016This post will show the process of installing , running and using crtmpserver on ubuntu 64 bit machine with gstreamer . gcc and cmake We shall build gstreamer directly from sources . For this we first need to determine if gcc is installed … Continue reading →altanai
- GStreamer-1.8.1 rtsp server and client on ubuntu May 20, 2016GStreamer is a streaming media framework, based on graphs of filters which operate on media data. Gstreamer is constructed using a pipes and filter architecture. The basic structure of a stream pipeline is that you start with a stream source … Continue reading →altanai
- Setting up ubuntu ec2 t2 micro for webrtc and socketio May 17, 2016Setting up a ec2 instance on AWS for web real time communication platform over nodejs and socket.io using WebRTC . Primarily a Web Call , Chat and conference platform uses WebRTC for the media stream and socketio for the signalling … Continue reading →altanai
- RamuDroid March 18, 2016Bot to clean roads and outdoors for a better and cleaner India. It lifts up small objects like plastic cups,wrappers,leaves etc. The droid also provides real-time camera stream and detects obstruction to re-route itself. It can communicates over GSM ,wifi … Continue reading →altanai
- Wowza REST APIs and HTTP Providers November 25, 2015This article show the different ways to make calls to Wowza Media Engine from external applications and environments for various purposes such as getting server status , listeners , connections , applications and its streams etc . HTTP Providers HTTP … Continue reading →altanai
- IOT Survillance with Arduino + Rpi + WebRTC November 11, 2015“ The Internet of Things (IoT) is the network of physical objects or “things” embedded with electronics, software, sensors and connectivity to enable it to achieve greater value and service by exchanging data with the manufacturer, operator and/or other connected … Continue reading →altanai
- Bluetooth Low Energy on Adafruit Arduino November 10, 2015Lately as I develop and realize few IOT use-cases , I have concluded that BLE ( Bluetooth Low Energy) , also known as Bluetooth smart , is a very good choice as it runs for longer periods of time with … Continue reading →altanai
- XMPP Client Server Setup and Programming September 25, 2015XMPP is a open XML technology for real-time communication. Applications are instant messaging, presence, media negotiation, whiteboarding, collaboration, lightweight middleware, content syndication, and generalized XML routing according to XMPP standards Foundation (XSF) . Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP) is a … Continue reading →altanai
- Session Border controller for WebRTC August 2, 2016
Monthly Archives: November 2013
I have been contemplating points that make for a successful developer to develop solutions and services for a Telecom Application Server. The trend has shown many variations from pure IN programs like VPN , Prepaid billing logic to SIP servlets for call parking , call completion. From SIP servlets to JAISNLEE open standard based communication.
I can assert with confidence that Telephony is eventually going to be integrated with Internet to provide a new breed of communication in future aka Internet Telephony.
I have assembled some points here that make for a successful startup in logic building domain of telecom core network .
1. Product Innovation
Envisions a multiple network technologies, that provides ability to build over new innovative cutting edge technologies in the market. It should deliver platform to launch newer services like WebRTC and RCS .
2. Competitive Pricing
Cutting down the spiraling cost of Development of the new technologies platform with improvement in the usage of Data rather than voice by integrating new features like File sharing and MSRP messaging. An evolutionary architecture to reduce the effort and cost through high re-use of NGN Platform and Services.
3. Lower Servicing costs
Introduce uniform service experience across different platforms which helps CSP’s to reduce Time Cycles and Costs for handling enhancements requests and the annual OPEX appreciably.
Interworking among the services from legacy IN solution and IMS /IT. Allow the Operators to extend their basic offering with added services via low cost software and increases the ARPU for subscribers.
5. Develop on webRTC
Make a WebRTC solution that offers a plug in free, device agnostic, network agnostic web based communication tool along with the server side implementation.
6. Media solutions
CSP’s are looking into Long term growth and profitability from new online services media streaming services . Make use-cases around IPTV and VOD ( Video On Demand) . Also Voicemails , IVR , DTMF, TTS( text to speech ) , Speech recognition etc
7. Social Media Integration
Integration of the services with social media/networking enables new monetizing benefits to CSPs especially in terms on advertising and gaining popularity , inviting new customers etc.
Enterprises are looking forward to reach customers with ennoblement of Telco in their present landscape which was impossible to reach before. Telco not only plays an instrumental role in increasing the customers base which results into increase in enterprise’s revenue but also offers the value addition in their present product/service delivery model. Hence it is high-time when developers can aggregate , use open-standard services / technologies ( GSMA , SIP , WebRTC ) and develop high end solutions for Telecom Domain .
True that the number of teacher today are not enough to teach the number of kids . For example even in India there is often 1 teacher for a class of 60 students in one subject. Also the experience and output of learning from a human teacher cannot be ever replaced by a software or ebook or application no matter how user-friendly or informative it is .
In this post I am going to describe an e-learning platform which harness the power of Internet for the purpose of distance education and where students around the world volunteer to teach each other any subject they wish to. This will be made possible through a combination of real time communication technologies like WebRTC and plethora of knowledge repositories.
Platform to connect volunteers ( children ) teach each other a subject in a stipulated time through Web based Real Time Communication.
A student enrolls himself for a subject or a course it could be anything from arithmetic to french language . Another student who know French language for example find this in portal and sign up to be teacher for that child. They can anytime connect with each other in audio , video , message , file sharing , screen sharing session through WebRTC and learn the subject. The students earn reward points .
- WebRTC for communication
- MySQL for data storage
- Apache Tomcat as Webserver
By encouraging a child to take responsibility and teach another child , we will not only encourage friendship between them but also give them a sense of accomplishment .