Bea server is a old SIP servlet container ie application server which is used to embed control logic in a program . It is supported on jdk1.5 hence the system’s environment variables must match . Otherwise in later stages deploying applications throw class version error .
1. Install Bea Weblogic
2. Follow the Installation steps
3. Goto the installation directory . Usually C:/bea/user_projects/mydomain/ .
click on startweblogic.cmd in windows. In case the system is linux run startweblogic.sh script
4. Open Web console on url : http://127.0.0.1:7001/console. Enter username password
default username password weblogic , weblogic .
It can also be customized for example my username and password are altanai , tcs@1234
5. Make Converged SIP Servlet Application in any editor such as notepad , edit+ etc .
The project structure looks like
The SIP servlet are put side directory structure of src
For example : sample application for Call screening
public class CallScreening extends SipServlet
private static SipFactory factory;
private static SipApplicationSession sas;
private static Proxy proxy;
public void init(ServletConfig config) throws ServletException
System.out.println(“Call screening SIP servlet initiated”);
protected void doInvite(SipServletRequest req) throws java.lang.IllegalArgumentException,java.lang.IllegalStateException,javax.servlet.ServletException,java.io.IOException
System.out.println(“Received an Invite Request”);
System.out.println(“User is blocked”);
System.out.println(“User is not blocked”);
6. Build it with ant . For this go inside the application folder and run ant. Output will either be “failed to build “ or “build successfully” .
The ant command generates the war file from SIP servlet Web application .
7. Incase of successful build . Add the application to Weblogic web console install section and activate it .
I will demonstrate this process in step by step manner . First click on “ Lock and Edit “ Button on the left panel . Then goto Install button in the centre area and browser to the location of application war or sar we have build through ant ,
8. We can delete an application in exactly the same way . click on “ Lock and Edit “ Button on the left panel . Then goto the delete button after selecting the radio button alongside the application we want to delete.
8. For enhanced application building we can also refer to sample provided along with bea weblogic . file:///C:/bea/sipserver30/samples/sipserver/examples/src/index.html