JSR 116 – SIP Servlet 1.0
SIP Servlet 1.0 API
- JSR 116
- Built into the Servlet container that also hosts portlets and HTTP Servlets.
- SIP Servlet API developed under the JCP (Java Community Process) as JSR 116 (Java Specification Request), as a set of neutral interfaces
- Environment in which a servlet can exist
- Loads and initializes a servlet
- Invokes the appropriate methods when SIP messages arrive
- Class with a service method, compiled into a Servlet Archive File (SAR)
- XML based file with configuration information
- message matching rules
Screenshot making a sip servlet . The project is a SAR file
Logical Entity diagram for JSR116 , sip servlet version 1.0
SIP Response methods and flows
SIP messages life-cycle process , ie init() , service() , destroy()
• J2EE application server and also an HTTP web server by BEA Systems for Unix, Linux, Microsoft Windows, and other platforms,
•Supports Oracle, DB2, Microsoft SQL Server, and other JDBC-compliant databases
•WebLogic Server supports WS-Security and is compliant with J2EE 1.4
•The most reliable server is no doubt BEA’s WebLogic Application Server. It is the only one which can resist to over 3000 concurrent clients without throwing exceptions
Use Weblogic when ,
•The WebLogic Server is the most reliable server and complex application server and offers the best support for the real-world applications.
•Although it needs a higher level of understanding of the J2EE concepts, has a complex configuration and is very expensive, this server is the best choice for a secure and fault-tolerant application.
BEA WebLogic Server is part of the BEA WebLogic Platform™.
The other parts of WebLogic Platform are :
a) Portal, which includes Commerce Server and Personalization Server (which is built on a BEA-produced Rete rules engine),
b) WebLogic Integration,
c) WebLogic Workshop, an IDE for Java, and d) JRockit, a JVM for Intel CPUs.
Brekeke SIP Server – SIP Proxy, Registrar Server
- Based on the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP), the Brekeke SIP Server provides reliable and scalable SIP communication platform for Enterprises and Service Providers.
- Brekeke SIP Server provides functionality of SIP Registrar Server, SIP Redirect Server, and SIP Proxy Server.
- Brekeke SIP Server is a Stateful Proxy that maintain session status therefore performs optimum processing for call control
SOFTPHONES – X-LITE AND KAPANGA
A soft phone is a software program for making telephone calls over the Internet using a general purpose computer, rather than using dedicated hardware. Often a soft phone is designed to behave like a traditional telephone, sometimes appearing as an image of a phone, with a display panel and buttons with which the user can interact.
To communicate, both end-points must have the same communication protocol and at least one common audio codec. Many service providers use the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) standardized by the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF).
X-Lite is a proprietary freeware VoIP soft phone that uses the Session Initiation Protocol.
Kapanga is a Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) software phone capable of voice, fax, and video over IP communications. As a SIP phone, Kapanga can be used on Voice over IP networks to interact with traditional Public Switching Telecommunication Networks (PSTNs) and future IP-based telecommunication devices. This document explains how to use Brekeke SIP Server with the Kapanga Soft Phone.
Developers lab environment
Figure depicts a typical setup required for any telecom software developer