In the present age of IP telephony when telecom convergence is the big thing all around the world , need of the hours is to enable fixed and mobile Service Providers ( SP ) to monetize the subscriber’s phone number by extending it to new web based services.SPs can offer a WebRTC Communicator endpoint that uses the same phone number as the subscriber’s fixed or mobile phone.
Advanced features enable calls to be transferred between fixed-line, mobile and WebRTC endpoints.
Find the diagram depicting this below :
Transfer mobile callto WebRTC session
SPs can offer 3rd Party WebRTC endpoints to access the user’s phone number and subscription . E.g. enable web applications such as Facebook, Amazon or Netflix to allow their users to make/receive calls or messages directly from the web applications
Revenue Streams :
- monthly fee for access to WebRTC endpoints and for receiving calls from by 3rd Party WebRTC endpoints
- One time upgrade fees for Accessing the Web service integration with telecom network like a plan upgrade
- No software is required to be downloaded on the subscriber’s computer, tablet or mobile phone
- No desktop support required for the service provider
Plans For Consumer Customers:
- Subscribers can use the WebRTC endpoints on their computers, tablets or mobile phones as a fixed-line device at home, as a desktop solution when away from home and to avoid international tolls when traveling
- Subscribers can connect their web services (e.g. Websites , Facebook, Amazon, Netflix) to their fixed or mobile services subscriptions using their SP-provided phone number
Plans For SP Enterprise Customers:
- Enterprises can deploy a WebRTC endpoint for their employees that provides a single corporate communications endpoint that can be connected to any of the corporation’s UC/PBX and Call Recording systems
- Employees can use the WebRTC endpoint as their office phone at work, home or when traveling
- Connects to all leading UC/PBX and Recording platforms simultaneously
- Enterprises can deploy a single WebRTC endpoint across all their UC/PBX and Recording platforms – current and future
- Easy for IT departments to deploy – no software is required to be downloaded to employees’ computers, tablets or mobile phones
- Enables corporate policies and features from the WebRTC endpoint including
- Displaying the corporate identity
- Routing calls via corporate networks
- Tracking and Recording calls and messages
This post is about communication from any application to WebRTC using Web Services.
HTTP and XML is the basis for Web services
- WSDL stands for Web Services Description Language
- It specifies the location of the service and the operations (or methods) the service exposes.
- XML-based language for describing Web services.
- SOAP stands for Simple Object Access Protocol
- SOAP is an XML based protocol for accessing Web Services.
- SOAP is based on XML
- UDDI stands for Universal Description, Discovery and Integration
- UDDI is a directory service where companies can search for Web services.
- UDDI is described in WSDL
- UDDI communicates via SOAP
- RDF stands for Resource Description Framework
- RDF is a framework for describing resources on the web
- RDF is written in XML
uses :Web services can offer application-components like: currency conversion, weather reports, or even language translation as services.
True that the number of teacher today are not enough to teach the number of kids . For example even in India there is often 1 teacher for a class of 60 students in one subject. Also the experience and output of learning from a human teacher cannot be ever replaced by a software or ebook or application no matter how user-friendly or informative it is .
In this post I am going to describe an e-learning platform which harness the power of Internet for the purpose of distance education and where students around the world volunteer to teach each other any subject they wish to. This will be made possible through a combination of real time communication technologies like WebRTC and plethora of knowledge repositories.
Platform to connect volunteers ( children ) teach each other a subject in a stipulated time through Web based Real Time Communication.
A student enrolls himself for a subject or a course it could be anything from arithmetic to french language . Another student who know French language for example find this in portal and sign up to be teacher for that child. They can anytime connect with each other in audio , video , message , file sharing , screen sharing session through WebRTC and learn the subject. The students earn reward points .
e-leaning service on WebRTC
- WebRTC for communication
- MySQL for data storage
- Apache Tomcat as Webserver
By encouraging a child to take responsibility and teach another child , we will not only encourage friendship between them but also give them a sense of accomplishment .